In this course, you will learn:
- Learn about the different types of empathy, as well as the benefits of fully embracing the practice of empathy in the workplace.
- Explore key strategies for effectively communicating empathy to the people you work with.
- Plus, discover how your past experiences and position can keep you from being more empathetic, how to better understand the mindset of your coworkers and superiors, and how to avoid empathy fatigue.
- The importance of empathy
1. Defining Empathy
- Empathy and emotional intelligence
- Types of empathy
- Benefits of empathy
2. Overcoming Challenges to Empathy
- Personal bias and empathy
- The opposite of empathy
- Silence self-doubt to embrace empathy
3. Developing Empathy
- Empathy starts with you
- Perspective: A lens for empathy
- Communicating empathy
4. Working with Empathy
- Empathy blind spots
- Empathy and your career
- Manage empathy fatigue