The course will walk students through the steps necessary to plan an individualised weight loss programme. There is no guarantee that completing the course will result in weight loss; however, learners will have the framework and essential components for an evidence-based weight loss programme. This course is designed for healthy adults who do not have a chronic disease such as diabetes, hypertension, heart disease, lung disease, or any other. Furthermore, this course does not include information for people who have food allergies or intolerances.
This course will assist students in establishing the following:
- A realistic goal weight with a specific plan for weight loss rate and time frame for reaching goal weight.
- A reasonable goal for the frequency, duration, and intensity of exercise that will allow the learner to achieve and maintain his or her target weight.
- A specific set of strategies for grocery shopping, dining out, eating at social gatherings, and dealing with hunger and emotional eating.
- A strategy for tracking food intake, exercise, and weight loss.
- A plan for ongoing evaluation of progress toward goals, as well as strategies for adjusting goals in order to maintain weight loss for the next 6 months or longer.
- A thorough understanding of the difficulties associated with maintaining weight loss, as well as a strategy for increasing the likelihood of maintaining the weight lost.
- Welcome from Mary Beth Kavanagh, MS, RDN, LD, FAND2m
- Determining Your Goal Weight
- How and When to Weigh Yourself
- Making a Plan for Exercise
- Calories and Food Groups
- Grocery Shopping and Nutrition Labels
- Strategies for Eating Out
- Identifying Support and Self-Monitoring
- Triggers That Get You Off Track
- How Are You Doing So Far?
- Relapse Prevention
- Planning to Stay with Your Plans