In this course, you will :
- Find design inspiration and make a mood board to provide a cohesive direction and colour scheme for your installation. Create the initial sketches based on your inspiration.
- Then, using Procreate, convert your drawings into digital renderings of organic forms and shapes. In Illustrator, format your designs so that the dimensions of your installation are accurate. Export the final designs and create a proposal for a potential client.
- See how to gather materials for your project before beginning the fabrication process by cutting the wooden panels, installing hardware, and more.
- Then it’s time to assemble your piece and sand the seams for a professional end result. Install the wire mesh for your floral elements, paint your piece, and install a fiber of choice, before incorporating foliage and florals.
- Learn how to make additional decorative elements for your installation, such as table decorations and sculptures. Tiffany concludes the course by offering advice on how to share your work on social media and how to pursue a career as an installation artist.
1. Inspiration and Design
- Mood Board
- Initial Sketching
- Sketching in Procreate
- Formatting in Illustrator
- Building Your Client Proposal
2. Material Sourcing, Fabrication, and Beautification
- Fabrication Preparations
3. Final Touches and Sharing Your Work
- How to Create Cohesion
- Sharing Your Work