In this course, you will learn :
- Take a thoughtful, intentional approach to writing description.
- Incorporate sensory detail and the unexpected as a means of priming creativity.
- Identify automatic, overused, and unnecessary descriptions.
- Create a richly described, immersive scene or very short story.
- Ways We Get Description Wrong
- Description Done Right
- Inserting Sensory Detail
- Vivid Description vs. Flat Description
- Inserting the Unexpected Detail
- Interrogating Your Descriptive Word Choices
- Revising Your Scene or Very Short Story