In this course, you will learn :
- Examine Curanderismo in Latin America, Southwestern United States, Africa, Cuba, Puerto Rico, Peru, as well as the Mayan and Native American views.
- Recognize the contributions of the famous Mexican healer Niño Fidencio and how his healing methods have been influenced by healers like Chenchito.
- Discuss the influences of traditional medicine from indigenous beliefs, rituals & herbal medications.
- Explain how traditional medicine has been valued throughout the generations.
1. EL ULTIMO CHENCHITO, THE LAST OF THE FIDENCISTA HEALERS
- Welcome Video
- El niño Fidencio
- El último chenchito
2. AFRICAN TRADITIONAL MEDICINE & AFRICAN HEALING THROUGH MUSIC
- African Traditional Medicine
- African Healing through Music
3. AFRO-LATINO HEALING THROUGH MUSIC AND DANCE & AFRO-CUBAN HEALING TECHNIQUES
- Afro-Latino Healing through Music and Dance
- Afro-Cuban Healing Techniques
4. AFRO-PUERTO RICAN HEALING MODALITIES & SACRED TOBACCO OF PERU/MEDICINAL PLANTS FOR WOMEN
- Afro-Puerto Rican Healing Modalities
- Sacred Tobacco of Peru / Medicinal Plants for Women
5. NATIVE AMERICAN FEATHER HEALING & MAYAN ACUPUCTURE
- Native American Feather Healing
- Mayan Acupuncture