In this course, you will learn:
- Critical thinking is the ability to think reflectively and independently in order to make thoughtful decisions. By focusing on root-cause issues critical thinking helps you avoid future problems that can result from your actions
- Learn how to define the problem you're trying to solve and then provides a number of critical thinking tools such as blowing up the business, asking the 5 whys and the 7 so whats, exploring the 80/20 rule, and more.
- Welcome to critical thinking
1. What Is Critical Thinking?
- The importance of critical thinking
- Distinguish causes vs. consequences
- Break big problems into small ones
2. Thinking the Problem Through
- Understand the real question
- Ask focusing questions
- Examine past efforts
- Use new lenses to think critically
- How to find root causes
3. Using Critical Thinking Tools
- Challenge how the business operates
- Use the five whys of critical thinking
- Answer the seven so-whats?
- Use the 80/20 rule to think critically
- How to successfully conduct analysis
- Consider the implications of answers
4. Practice Critical Thinking
- Teach others how to think critically
- Common pitfalls when solving problems