In this course, you will learn :
- How to carve your own design into linoleum and experiment with different ink colours and patterns.
- Get an overview of the materials, carving tools, and safety supplies required, then learn how to set up your workspace efficiently.
- He demonstrates his techniques for carving lino-blocks and explains how to use your carving tools.
- Discover how to prepare your linoleum pieces using flat wood panels.
- Learn how to ink your blocks and how to transfer your design onto them.
- Step-by-step instructions walk you through the lino-block carving process, and he shares his tips for using each tool.
1. Preparation and First Steps
- Materials and Workspace Set-up
- Carving Techniques and Tips
- Your Theme and First Sketches
2. Transferring Your Image and Carving Blocks
- Preparing Your Substrates: Linoleum and Wood Panels
- Transferring Your Image to the Lino Block
- Inking Your Transferred Drawing on Your Lino Block
- Carving Your Lino Block
3. Printing Techniques
- Printing Your Image
- Experimenting with Various Image Combinations
- Additional Inking Methods and Techniques