In this course, you will :
- Learn what verbal branding means in today's market and see how the right words can inspire better visual ideas. Conduct some market research and examine where certain brands fall on their market map.
- Discover how to contextualise market mapping and how it can benefit a branding project.
- Investigate compelling answers to each question, then define its core purpose - its 'why.'
- Before you start writing your own, consider how a brand manifesto can boost the power of your verbal branding.
- Investigate Michael's design process by watching him juggle multiple design solutions and choose the best 3 to 5 ideas.
- Learn how to use criteria and present a variety of options to clients in a strategic manner.
- Investigate how to push an idea as far as it can go in order to ensure it performs well across multiple channels.
- With examples from Michael's clients, learn the importance of paying attention to detail when creating your brand toolkit.
1. Understanding Verbal Branding, Markets and Sectors
- What Do We Mean by Verbal Branding?
- Understanding Where Someone ‘Sits’ in a Market
- Applying This to Your Project
2. Defining a Verbal Brand
- What They Do, Who They Do It for, What Makes Them Different
- The Bit at the Core - The "Why"
- Adding a Brand Manifesto
3. Turning the Verbal Into Visual
- The Many Ways That a Verbal Brand Can Influence the Visual
- The Process of Creating Brand Identities
- Editing What You Have, Developing the Best and Sharing With Your Client
4. Getting the Most Out of an Approved Idea
- Making the Most Of a Good Idea
- Making Sure You Have the Toolkit in Place