This course examines the community context of the changes required to promote public health. We begin by looking at the various definitions of 'community' and the processes that we use to 'diagnose' or understand the structure and characteristics of various types of communities.
- Ecological Model
- Definitions of Community
- A Second Perspective and Framework: Offensive, Defensive, and Hidden Communities
- Community Efficacy and Competence
- Community Change Models
- Approaches and Tools for Community Participation and Change
- Community Change Models: Conclusions, Lessons, and Thought
- The Political Economy Framework
- What Is Participation?
- Levels of Involvement
- Community Coalitions
- Community Participation Onchocerciasis: A Case Study
- Results of Enhancing Community-Directed Treatment
- CDI Process