In this course, you will :
- The foundations of Ayurveda, the traditional medicine of India. Students will receive a certificate for Level 1 upon completion..
Welcome to the Foundations of Ayurveda. This is a certified course, you will receive a certificate upon completion and this course qualifies for Continuing Education hours for Yoga Alliance teachers (3 hours YACEP). Accompanying the video lectures is a manual that you can use a reference and resource during the lectures, on your own time, and in the future.
Subjects covered in this course:
- The meaning and origins of Ayurveda
- The Chakras and how they manifest in both the physical and astral bodies.
- How we balance our mental and physical state through diet, herbs, breath, and meditation
- Nature versus imbalance (Prakruti vs. Vikruti)
- The 5 elements
- The Doshas (individual constitution)
- Determining your Dosha
- The Dhatus (body tissues)
- The Gunas (qualities/characteristics)
- Pranayama (breathing exercises
- Dinacharya (daily schedule for optimum health)
- The Doshas throughout a lifetime and in the seasons
- Like attracts like and how to balance with opposing energies
- Agni (the digestive fire and why it is crucial to good health)
- Ama (toxins and the importance of proper digestion)
- Malas (the metabolic waste products)
- Prana (universal energy), Tejas (metabolism), Ojas (the immune system)
- Anyone who is ready to learn more of a holistic approach to lifestyle and want to share the knowledge with others.