In this course, you will learn :
- Make a new AWS account and configure it correctly.
- Understand the fundamental concepts of AWS Lambda, including Event, Context, Handler, and return value.
- Configure the IAM Roles required for Lambda execution to run smoothly.
- Understand how AWS Lambda pricing works in practise.
- Discover how to package dependencies directly or through Lambda layers.
- Create a connection between S3 and Lambda.
- Understand the concepts of cold and warm starts.
- Learn the fundamentals of Lambda concurrency.
- Learn about asynchronous Lambda invocation and where it is used.
- Set up a Lambda dead-letter queue.
1. Necessary admin tasks
- Create an AWS account
- Create an admin user
- AWS Management Console
2. Basic Lambda concepts
- Your first Lambda
- Pricing calculator
- Lambdas are serverless
- Handler and the return value
3. Intermediate Lambda concepts
- Introduction to permissions
- Environment variables
4. Advanced Lambda concepts
- Cold & warm start
- Asynchronous invocation
- Dead Letter Queue
- Maximum age of event