In this course, you will :
- Learn about the readymade tradition and how to transform an ordinary object into something extraordinary.
- Jeff shares his advice for developing the confidence to follow your interests and create your work of art, from getting started with an idea to overcoming judgement.
- discusses how to communicate your point of view by using your personal iconography—the images, objects, and symbols that have meaning in your life.
- Jeff deconstructs a painting and explores his Gazing Ball series to demonstrate the concept of the "beholder's share"—that the viewer completes the narrative of a work of art.
- delves into the technological tools he employs to create some of his favourite works.
- Jeff invites you to Antiquity Stone, his stone-working facility, to share his latest sculpture, the inspiration for it, and the innovative technology that makes it possible.
- Discover how changing the scale of an object or piece of art can alter its meaning.
- Learn how to communicate with others by using colour.
- Jeff demonstrates how form can contain meaning by using the construction of his iconic Balloon Dog as an example.
- Discover how textures, whether physical or implied, can enhance the meaning of a work of art.
- Turn Everyday Objects Into Art
- Approaching the Blank Canvas
- Personal Iconography
- Art History: A Dialogue Across Time
- Art Innovation
- Pink Ballerina: A Dialogue With the Eternal
- Size & Scale
- The Power of Color
- Form Case Study: Balloon Dog
- Texture & Materials
- Showing Your Art
- Life As an Artist