In this course, you will learn :
- Everything you need to know about creating a video game, from concept to shipping (and beyond).
- A thorough understanding of the video game development cycle.
- The ability to build a backlog from the ground up and then use it to aid in the planning and delivery of your game projects.
- How to use mind maps to aid in the creation of backlogs, as well as how to create crew plans for your game teams in order to plan for key milestones.
- About how marketing, recruitment, localization, play testing, and team management can all have a significant impact on your production plans, and how to mitigate this by incorporating them into your plans from the start.
- How to decide which engine to use to build your game and which platforms to launch it on.
- What a video game producer does on a daily basis and what the most important aspects of the job are.
- The ethical considerations of being a video game producer and managing video game projects and teams.
- Closing and shipping your game project, managing bugs, and what to watch out for
- The essential documentation required in a game project, what it contains, and when it is required.
- The general finances of game development, as well as where your money actually goes.
- What to consider when making your game accessible to all, how to implement it, and who can assist.
- Production Cycle Overview
- Before You Make Anything
- Getting Started - Pipelines and Prototypes
- Scoping & Backlogs
- General Production Topics