In this course, you will learn
- Identify what the hiring organization is looking for in using behavioral interviewing techniques.
- List the steps in the S.T.A.R. response strategy and apply the steps, using reasonably correct language, to respond to behavioral interview questions.
- Use your responses to behavioral and competency-based questions to communicate your personal values
- Identify what the hiring organization is looking for in asking situational and wild-card interview questions.
- List the steps in the P.R.E.P. and 5 W's response strategies and apply the steps, using reasonably correct language, to answer at least one wild-card and two situational interview questions.
- Develop an optimal strategy for responding to the weaknesses question, based on recognizing why a hiring organization asks these questions.
- Demonstrate your personal strengths and maturity through your responses to the weaknesses question.
- Correctly apply hedging language to soften a negative and boosting language to emphasize a positive aspect of your professional and/or academic background.
- Ask questions to determine how well an organization fits with your personality, career goals and salary objectives.
- Ask questions that communicate your competencies and strengths.
- Negotiate the best job offer and compensation package for yourself.