In this course, you will learn
- Understand the overall recruitment process, and the integral role of the interview.
- Determine critical job requirements and relate these to factual data from resume and application (i.e. screening)
- Understand the different types of questions which an interview can use (like open-ended questions), and the type of information each can elicit (including EEO considerations).
- Understand the impact of interview techniques (e.g. note-taking, nodding listening, etc.)
- How to conduct interviews in a variety of situations so that information about both critical, objective and subjective job dimensions is accurately obtained.
- Convey a positive image of the company, including EEO compliance.
- Provide appropriate feedback to the interviewee.
- Make effective selection/placement decisions based upon job relevant information that is gathered through the interview process.