In this course, you will :
- Discover how Mohamed gathers references and generates character ideas. Sketch out a rough thumbnail of your figure based on your initial ideas, and then expand on it to create a larger sketch with more details and development, such as pose and expression.
- Before learning the basics of Blender, including shortcuts and add-ons, tweak your sketch with your photo-editing tool (Mohamed uses Photoshop).
- Then, using Mohamed's advice and techniques, investigate the significance of 3D lighting.
- To begin working on your character, import it into Blender. Mohamed shows you how to block out the positions of the main shapes before adding extra elements like props and scenery to help tell your character's story.
- Experiment with Blender more to bring your character to life. Enhance it with details and surround it with a background. Then, to refine your protagonist and create the mood of the scene, work on overall composition, colour palette, and lighting.
1. Preparing the Character
- Introduction to 3D Character Creation
- Initial Sketches
- Working on the Sketch on Photoshop
- Introduction to Blender and Blender Basics
- Introduction to 3D Lighting
2. Creating the Character
- Blocking Out Secondary Elements
- Blocking Out Additional Elements
3. Bringing the Character to Life
- How to Bring Your Character to Life
- Adding the Rest of the Details
- Secondary Elements, Composition, and Background
- Character Color Palette and Lighting
4. Refining and Going into Detail
- Rendering and Saving Your File
- Ready to Share on Social Media