In this course, you will :
- Create augmented reality scenes and objects for your apps using ARKit.
- Debug and test your augmented reality app.
- Connect to web services to retrieve and send information to and from your app.
1. User interaction andhow to save data
- Writeand access files within Apps;
- Serializea data model for saving and loading data from and into Apps;
- Customisetables for adding, deleting andcustomisingactions;
- Create custom row actions.
2. User input and system controls in Apps
- Displaying alerts, sharing content and sending messages from within Apps;
- Access to the camera and photo library on the device;
- Build custom forms for creating new object models;
- Get complex user input through forms, data collection and dynamic table views.
3. Construct an AR App
- Learn how to use the AR app template;
- Investigate AR components and compare their differences with existing components;
- Build AR scenes in 3D space using objects;
- Determine planes and how objects interact with them.
4. Interact with an AR App
- Add physics to an AR scene;
- Translation of user input within the scene;
- Introduction to AR Image Recognition.
5. Closures and Animation
- Define and use closures;
- Use defined functions: sort, filter, reduce and map;
- Utilise animation for a greater user experience;
- Use UIKit to create animations.
6. Communicate with the Web
- Describe requests and responses, and discover how are they built, used and analysed;
- Communicate with API's for existing data sources;
- Use URL components to dynamically query an API endpoint.
7. An Introduction to JSON
- Decode JSON and convert into Swift types;
- Integrate with requests and responses from API's.
- Why do we care about concurrency?
- Issues with multi-threading and the UI;
- How to complete tasks asynchronously.