In this course, you will learn :
- Explain what SEO is and why it is important for any company with a website.
- Describe how search engines work.
- Recognize how SEO has evolved over time.
- Distinguish between on-site SEO, on-page SEO, and off-page SEO.
- Understand the fundamentals of on-page SEO.
- You should be able to see how SEO has improved over time.
1. What is SEO and why is it important?
- The Definition of SEO & Looking at Google's Search Results
- What is SEO and why is it important?
2. How do search engines work?
- The 5 Key Areas of How Search Engines Work
- The Search Engine Web Crawler: How Google Discovers your Site
- Google Cached Pages - How Google Stores Your Web Pages
- How a Search Engine works - Retrieval of a Search Query
- Search Engine Ranking & What is Google PageRank?
- What are SERPs – The Google Search Engine Results Page
- SEO Training Course - Video 9: A summary of what we looked at in this module
3. A Brief History of SEO
- A Brief History of SEO - Introduction
- About the Altavista search engine & Google in 1998
- Overcoming Black Hat SEO Techniques
- What is Link Building in SEO and does it still work?
- Google Algorithm updates over the years
- The Impact of Google Penalties plus Panda and Penguin Search Updates
- A Brief History of SEO - Conclusion
4. On site SEO, on page SEO & off page SEO
- The differences between On site SEO, on page SEO & off page SEO
- On site SEO - Website Speed
- On site SEO - How mobile friendly is your website?
- The 8 Key Elements of On Page SEO
- Keyword Research [On-Page SEO Key Element #1]
- Page Title [On-Page SEO Key Element #2]
- Meta Description [On-Page SEO Key Element #3]
- Heading Tags [On-Page SEO Key Element #4]
- Content Writing [On-Page SEO Key Element #5]
- Alt Tags & Images [On-Page SEO Key Element #6]
- HTML Microdata [On-Page SEO Key Element #7]
- Internal Linking [On-Page SEO Key Element #8]
- Off page SEO: How to encourage natural brand discussion and link building
5. How to measure SEO
- Intro & How to measure click-through rates
- How to campaign manage your SEO - SEO campaign management
- How can you measure the effectiveness of SEO?