In this course, you will learn :
- Transformation of Eastern Europe by the Viking Age
- Kyivan Rus' emergence and decline
- The impact of the Reformation on Ukrainian lands, including the establishment of the Uniate Church.
- The military organisation of the Cossacks, their role in European wars, and the establishment of the Cossack state
- During the nineteenth century, Ukrainian lands were ruled by two empires.
- Culture and art flourished in the 1920s (Ukrainian modernism).
- The causes and consequences of Stalinism in Ukraine, as well as the Ukrainian experience during WWII
- In the Soviet Union, there was a dissident movement in Ukraine.
- Following the demise of the Soviet Union, Ukraine fought for independence and democracy.
- Independent Ukraine
- Kyivan Rus` in the Middle Ages
- Ukrainian Lands in the Early modern times
- Ukraine in the Long XIX century
- Ukraine in the XX century