In this course, you will :
- Make a strategy to overcome social anxiety.
- Identify and manage triggers.
- Learn to separate yourself from anxious thoughts.
- Anxiety relief through mindfulness exercises
- Connecting with one's inner self to gain confidence.
1. Understanding Social Anxiety
- What is Social Anxiety?
- DSM-IV-TR Diagnostic Criteria for Social Anxiety Disorder
- DSM-IV-TR Criteria for SAD
- Identifying triggers that cause social anxiety
- SPIN social phobia inventory
- Safety Mode: The costs of pursuing "Safety"
- Understanding Safety Mode
- Different types of Safety Behaviours
- Outright Avoidance
- Other safety behaviors
2. Mindfulness Skills of Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Understanding Mindfulness
- Three Aspects of Mindfulness
- Guided Mindfulness Breathing Exercise
- Mindfulness Breathing 2
- Focusing on single minute
- Focusing on single object
- Guided Focusing on Single Object
- Band of light
- Inner outer meditation
- Record 3 Minutes of your thoughts
- Describing your emotions
3. Acceptance of ABS with Observation
- Paying Mindful Attention to Your Body in Stillness
- Strengthening your ABS
- Acceptance of Anxiety
- Words of Acceptance
- Exploring Acceptance
4. Muscle Relaxation Exercises
- Managing Anxiety
- Abdominal Breathing
- Progressive Muscle Relaxation
- Relaxation without Tension
- Cue Controlled Relaxation
5. Commitment to Values
- The compass metaphor
- Uncovering your Values and Goals
- What is important to you?
- Identifying your values and goals
6. 15 Thought Defusion Techniques
- What is Cognitive Defusion
- Self as Context
- Anxious Thoughts
- Limited Thinking Patterns
- Composing Balanced Thoughts
- The Thought That
- Labeling your thoughts
- Ditching the meaning of thoughts
- Waterfall Metaphore