In this course, you will :
- Explore what tone of voice means. Examine why it is something that all brands must consider, using examples from well-known companies as a guide. Paul then goes over what to expect from the course.
- Begin developing your tone of voice by defining who you are and what your brand values are.
- Before defining your audience, consider how they affect your writing style.
- Learn about various tools for representing your tone of voice. Then consider the important factors to consider when creating one, such as word choice, punctuation, and grammar.
- Learn how to adapt your tone of voice based on the subject you’re writing about.
- To finish the course, Paul shows you how to transform your brand voice guide into an easy-to-understand typographic poster.
1. Understanding the Basics of Tone of Voice
- What Is Tone of Voice?
- Why Do Brands Need It?
- What Are You Creating?
2. Developing Your Own Tone of Voice
- Who Are You?
- Who Are You Talking To?
- Persona, Brand Identity, and Philosophy
- How Does That Sound?
- Tools at Your Disposal
3. Is Tone of Voice Fixed?
- Modulate Your Tone of Voice
- Typographic Poster: Short Version of the Guide