In this course, you will :
- Discover how to use data science for good. Nonprofits that are struggling to identify donors, understand their communities, evaluate their impact, and be more productive can benefit greatly from data science.
- Barton Poulson, an instructor, data scientist, and entrepreneur, discusses how new sources of data, such as social media and web analytics, can be used to address some of the most common concerns of nonprofit service organisations, and how methods such as predictive analytics, machine learning, and data visualisation can help organisations become more productive and efficient.
- Covers career opportunities for data scientists who want to maximise their civic-minded ambitions.
1. Applying Data Science
- Overcoming the data-free environment
- Data sources for nonprofits
- Web analytics for nonprofits
- New methods for evaluating impact
- New methods for identifying donors
- New methods for assessing need
- Improving organization productivity and efficiency
- Ethical issues surrounding data in nonprofit organizations
- Careers for data scientists in nonprofits