This course is designed to familiarise students with information security management. When you finish this course, you will have a better understanding of:
- Governance: the mission, roles, and responsibilities of the InfoSec governance function, as well as the strategic planning process and InfoSec's role in the organization's strategic planning effort.
- You will comprehend the various types of InfoSec policies and how effective information security policies are developed and implemented.
- Risk management and the process of risk management
- Certain laws and ethical issues have an impact on the organization's information security. Benchmarking and performance measures are also common information security management practises.
1. Welcome to the Management of Information Security
- An overview of this course
- Welcome to security Management
2. Governance and Strategic Planning in Information Security
- How organizations are governed
- Executive viewpoint on governance in cybersecurity
3. Risk Management
- The risk identification process
- The risk assessment process
- Executive viewpoint on risk management methodology
4. Regulatory Compliance, Law and Ethics
- An introduction to law, ethics, and compliance
- Executives viewpoint on implementing compliance programs
5. Security Programs
- Measuring performance
- Executive viewpoint on the importance of cybersecurity
- Pulling it all together