In this course, you will :
- Understand Bitcoin at a high level as both a technology and a currency.
- Create a Bitcoin wallet and make your first purchase.
- Understand Bitcoin's relationship to other currencies and legacy payment networks.
- Set up a Bitcoin node.
1. What is Bitcoin?
- What is Bitcoin?
- What is a distributed ledger?
- How do transactions work on the distributed ledger?
- Bitcoin as a protocol and bitcoin as a currency
- Why is trust so important to financial transactions?
- How does Bitcoin solve this issue of trust?
- Interview: How Bitcoin allows trustless transactions [Matthew Martin]
2. An Evolution of Payment Systems
- Introduction to payments
- What is Money?
- How does Bitcoin compare to other forms of money?
- What are the limitations of legacy payment platforms?
- What are the advantages of Bitcoin?
- How does Bitcoin change international transactions?
- Interview: What is Money? [Christopher Smith]
- Interview: Improving internet transactions with Bitcoin [Greg Brockman]
- Interview: Why Bitcoin is good for merchants and creators [Nick Tomaino]
- Interview: How Bitcoin can transform international markets [Brian Gamido]
3. The Protocol
- Protocol Introduction
- Money transfers without Bitcoin
- Distributed Ledger: The Blockchain
- P2P Networks
- Digital Signatures
- Proof of Work
- Interview: How the blockchain and Bitcoin mining work [Ross Mckelvie]
- Interview: Securing Bitcoin [Olaf Carlson-Wee]
- Interview: An overview of Bitcoin mining [Chris Shepherd]
- Interview: Using the Bitcoin protocol to enable new ideas [Adrian Macneil]
4. Innovation in Bitcoin
- Interview: Bitcoin will change the world [Tim Draper]
- Interview: Bitcoin as a utility for financial markets [Adam Draper]
- Interview: Current roadblocks and future potential [Matt Slater]
- Interview: The Bitcoin job market [Derek Minter]