In this coures, you will :
- Determine why students find the concept of fractions difficult.
- Create strategies to help students demonstrate their understanding and application of fractions.
- Investigate the relationships between fractions, decimals, and percentages and become fluent in their use in a variety of contexts.
- Show an understanding of the mathematical structure rather than just teaching the 'tricks.'
- Solve mathematical problems that are relevant to the situation.
- Learn how to approach fractions, decimals, and percentages as three interconnected topics to avoid teaching the subject in isolation.
- What is a fraction? The importance of considering the ‘whole’
- Multiplying fractions, decimals and percentages
- Adding and subtracting fractions, decimals and percentages
- Dividing with fractions and decimals
- Problem solving with percentages
- Application of fractions, decimals and percentages across the wider curriculum