In this course, you will learn :
- Look into how children learn and acquire language.
- Examine the value of play and opportunities for language development.
- Consider how to effectively communicate with young children.
- Investigate meaningful learning and language development in context.
- Show the relationship between learning and a child's well-being.
- Determine how to support and challenge children, and track their progress.
1. How children learn
- Early childhood development
- Children and language acquisition
2. Learning through play
- The importance of play
- Creating the right environment for play
- Developing language through play
3. How to talk to young children
- Encouraging emotional development
- Developing language through interactions
4. Learning: English and everything
- Developing the whole child
- Learning English in context
- Guiding the learning experience
5. Positive relationships and enabling environments
- Helping children feel safe and happy
- The importance of knowing the child well
6. Watching children learn
- Every child is unique
- Assessment in the early years
- Planning: building on what children can do