In this course, you will :
- Investigating and comprehending string instruments, composers, virtuosos, and repertoire
- Increasing knowledge of the history and context of classical string music.
- Increasing understanding of classical string music scales and compositions.
- Describe the similarities and differences between all common western string instruments.
- The history and construction of the violin
- Bowed string instruments
- Special topics: the Butterfly Lovers’ violin concerto
- Plucked string instruments