In this course, you will :
- Explore what constitutes good television and how to analyse your favourite shows for ideas.
- Determine a strong central theme for a long-lasting series that will captivate an audience. Then, in your script, begin developing your main characters and exploring the challenges they will face.
- Learn the fundamental structuring process of screenwriting. Begin with a beginning, middle, and end before gradually adding acts to your story.
- Create a first draught of your pilot outline, which will serve as a road map for your television show, to learn how to organise your ideas.
- Learn how to solicit constructive feedback on your work in order to improve as a writer.
1. Starting Your Creative Journey
- Introduction to Screenwriting
- How Do You Know if Your Idea Is Good for TV?
- Creating Your Characters
2. Learning the Tools
- Introduction to Structure
- Creating Your Script Roadmap
- Scene Heading and Story Build
- Editing, Reviewing and Getting Feedback
3. Setting Yourself up for Success
- Creating a Writing Plan for Your TV Script
- What to Expect on Your Journey of Writing Your TV Show
- Opportunities to Explore