In this course, you will learn:
- The basics of type inference, variables, loops, functions, and operators.
- How to read files using a console, perform pattern matching, handle exceptions, and more.
- How to use classes, fields, methods, and objects.
- Features of Scala not present in Java include operator overloading, optional parameters, named parameters, raw strings, and no checked exceptions.
- Welcome to Scala essential training
- What you should know before watching
- How to use the exercise files
- Challenges explained
1. Getting Started with Scala
- Learn about Scala
- How to install Scala
- How can Scala integrate with IDEs
- What does Scala syntax look like
- What is a Scala worksheet?
- What is a Scala repl session?
- Challenge: Worksheet
- Solution: Worksheet
2. Scala Basics
- What is type inference
- How to create variables in Scala
- What is the syntax for loops in Scala
- How to define functions in Scala
- What are higher-order functions in Scala?
- Scala operators
- Decision statements in Scala
- Challenge: Payroll
- Solution: Payroll
3. More Scala Basics
- How to read from the console in Scala
- How to read files in Scala
- Handle exceptions using try or catch
- Pattern matching
- Sets in Scala
- How to create maps in Scala
- What are tuples?
- How to use arrays in Scala
- Scala lists
- Challenge: Arrays
- Solution: Arrays
4. Objects with Scala
- Classes, fields, and methods
- Singleton objects
- Case classes
- Challenge: Bank account
- Solution: Bank account