In this course, you will :
- introduces the problem of data variety and shows how to solve it using R's unique capabilities.
- Learn how to import a wide range of data types, including Excel and ODS files.
- Data scientists devote an inordinate amount of time to this issue, devoting brain power that could be better spent on more valuable analysis tasks.
1. Use R with Excel
- Excel packages compared
- Read a workbook from Excel
- Write a workbook to Excel
- Read ranges from Excel
- Write ranges to Excel
- Read rows and columns from Excel
- Write rows and columns to Excel
- Read individual cells from Excel
- Write individual cells to Excel
2. Importing Text Files
- Text files in R
- CSV files in R
- Tab-delimited files in R
- Fixed-width files in R
3. Understanding the Foreign Package
- What is the R foreign package?
- Read form and write to DBF
- Read from and write to SPSS
- Read from and write to Stata
- Read from and write to SAS
4. Use R with Popular Data Formats
- XML in R
- JSON in R
- ODS files in R
- HTML files in R
- Extracting data from a PDF in R
- Google Docs with R
- Working with images in R