The first of three related courses in our Philosophy, Science, and Religion Online series is titled 'Science and Philosophy.
1. Neuroscience and Free Will
2. Are Science and Religion in Conflict?
- Conflicting in Principle
- Non-Conflicting in Principle
- Potentially Conflicting
- Can Science Support Religious Beliefs?
- A Theoretical Challenge
- A Challenge from Evolutionary Psychology
3. Do Scientific Claims Constitute Absolute Truths?
- What is Relativism?
- The Sociology of Science
- Kuhn and the Structure of Scientific Revolutions
- Relativism and Science
- The Future of Relativism in the Study of Science
4. Evolution and Creationism
- The Creation of Creationism
- 'True Science'?
- The Concept of Evolution
- Genetic Variation
- The Species Concept and Evolution
- Gradualism Versus Punctuated Equilibrium
- The Origin of Life
- The Origin of Animals
- Evolution of Behaviour; Sexual Selection and Co-evolution
- Evolution of Human Culture
- Creation, Evolution and Science