In this course, you will learn :
- Investigate Chef Crenn's kitchen tools and specialty equipment for preparing modern vegetarian meals. Learn about the pantry ingredients she always has on hand, such as herbs and flowers.
- Learn how to blanch tomatoes to dehydrate them in the first of three tomato lessons. The skins are then ground into powder.
- Learn how to confit peeled tomatoes using your blanching skills. You can also use the tomato petals you've already made to make a more complex dish that can stand alone or be incorporated into a recipe in the next tomato lesson.
- Learn how to marinate tomatoes and make tomato water that can be gelled. Then combine all of your new tomato techniques in a complex dish.
- Chef Crenn demonstrates how to check the ripeness of a melon. Then she shows you how to cut it, marinate it, and make ribbons out of it.
- Chef Crenn will teach you how to grill, roast, or cold smoke melon.
- Chef Crenn shows you how to clean, confit, and roast leeks, as well as how to make a warm vinaigrette. To finish it all off in an elegantly plated dish, make a béarnaise sauce.
- Make a mushroom stock to use as a base, along with vegetables, confit, and smoked egg yolks. To incorporate mushrooms into a beautiful dish, make mushroom foam and slice and season mushrooms.
- Dominique's Essential Kitchen Tools
- Tomato: Enhanced
- Tomato: Illuminated
- Tomato: Evolved
- Melon: Enhanced
- Melon: Illuminated
- Melon: Evolved
- Seasonal Vegetables