In this course, you will :
- Discover what a memoir is, why they're so popular, and the various forms that a personal narrative can take. Then, before delving into narrative voice and how to find yours, decide which one best fits your story. Courtney offers advice on what to include and exclude from your personal story.
- Begin by creating a three-act story structure with two timelines for your memoir. Learn how to use this structure to create a personal story of any length and how to combine it with a double timeline to add complexity and dimension to your memoir.
- To finish the course, Courtney shares her tips and tricks for staying focused and more importantly, inspired. Discover how she holds herself accountable during the writing process and how to generate a buzz around your story.
1. Memoir and Nonfiction Writing
- Conquering Fear and Guilt
- What Memoir Is and Does
- Deciding What Will Make It Into Your Story
- Voice: What Is It and How to Find Yours?
2. Finding Your Story’s Structure
- Plot, Sub-Plot and the Double Timeline
- The Three-Act Story Structure
- Putting It All Together!
3. Tips and Tricks to Keep Writing!
- Generating “Buzz” Around Your Story
- Giving Yourself Permission to Write