In this course, you will learn:
- Kubernetes is a core tool in DevOps and is the world's most popular open-source container orchestration engine.
- How to get a Kubernetes environment up and running on Mac or Windows using Minikube, and understand the components for Kubernetes.
- How to deploy a more complicated application with a database and APIs.
- How to run jobs and cron jobs.
- More advanced topics on Kubernetes, including production deployments, namespaces, monitoring and logging, and authentication and authorization.
- What you should know
- How to use the exercise files
1. Containerization with Kubernetes
- What is containerization?
- What is Kubernetes?
- Kubernetes features
- Other implementations
2. Kubernetes: The Terminology
- Architecture of a Kubernetes cluster
- Basic building blocks: Nodes and pods
- Deployments, jobs, and services
- Labels, selectors, and namespaces
- Kubelet and kube proxy
3. Kubernetes 101: Hello World
- Getting up and running: Mac install
- Getting up and running: Windows install
- Getting up and running: Other options
- Running a first Hello World application
- Breaking down the Hello World application
4. Making It Production Ready
- Add, change, and delete labels
- Working with labels
- Application health checks
- Handling application upgrades
- Basic troubleshooting techniques
5. Kubernetes 201
- Running a more complicated example
- The Kubernetes Dashboard
- Dealing with configuration data
- Dealing with application secrets
- Running jobs in Kubernetes
- Running stateful set applications
6. Advanced Topics
- Production Kubernetes deployments
- A detailed look at namespaces
- Monitoring and logging
- Authentication and authorization