In this course, you will learn:
- How to use models and collections to manage your data, and display it on your web page with views.
- Events and routers to create navigational logic in your web app.
- Models & Collections.
- What you should know
- Using the exercise files
1. Getting Started
- What is Backbone?
- Understanding Backbone and other Model-View-Controller (MVC) libraries
- Setting up our files
2. Models and Collections
- Adding properties to the model
- Watching for model changes
- Creating a collection of models
- Challenge: Create a new model and watch when it changes
- Solution: Create a new model and watch when it changes
- Understanding views
- Adding properties to the model view
- Creating and configuring templates
- Creating a collection view
- Loading model data on a webpage
- Challenge: Create a template
- Solution: Create a template
4. Events and Routers
- Understanding Backbone events
- Configuring routes
- Understanding how route links work