In this course, you will :
- Discover how to write any number with only 1s and 0s.
- In computer science, apply your binary skills to real-world scenarios.
- Decipher the magic of card shuffling using binary.
- Use your knowledge of divisibility rules to solve cryptogram puzzles!
- In situations where there is a shortcut method, perform arithmetic.
- Explore the unexpected patterns that emerge when you calculate digital roots.
- To solve this variety of problems, apply your general knowledge of base ten.
- Discover some hexadecimal number theory tricks.
- Find a divisibility test that employs an alternating sum.
- Explore large calculations that can still be answered: what is the last digit?
- The Invention of Number Bases
- Introducing Binary
- Binary on Computers
2. Binary and Other Bases
- Exploding Dots
- Binary Operations
- Perfect Shuffles
3. Digits and Divisibility
- Last Digits Rules
- More Divisibility Rules
- Cryptograms Solved By Divisibility
4. Decimal Expansions in Base 10
- Factorial Refresher
- Calculation Tricks
- Digital Roots
- Terminating Decimals
5. Divisibility in Other Bases
- Hexadecimal Divisibility Shortcuts
- Divisibility Shortcuts in Other Bases