In this course, you will :
- Explore probability applications in physics, meteorology, and tennis!
- Learn to simplify problems by shifting your perspective to consider the likelihood that an event will NOT occur.
- Explore the mathematics governing the probabilities of dependent events.
- What is the relationship between the probability of A given B and the probability of B given A?
- Explore problems where misconceptions are common, such as the Monty Hall problem.
- Learn about Markov chains and how to use them to forecast the weather.
- Discover the mind-boggling power of counting the same thing twice!
1. Intro to Probability
- Thinking Probabilistically
- Using Outcomes
2. Probability Rules
- Rule of Sum and Rule of Product
- The Rule of Complement
- Problem Solving
3. Conditional Probability
- Defining Conditional Probability
- Applying Conditional Probability
- Bayes' Theorem
4. Probability Applications
- The Tennis Problem
- Probability in Science
- Probability in Economics
- Probability in Quality Control
5. Advanced Techniques
- Geometric Probability
- Markov Chains