In this course, you will learn:
- how to build a mobile app using Ionic 2, the latest version of the platform
- learn what Ionic actually is and how to install the all-important command-line interface (CLI)
- learn how to use the Ionic CLI to create a project—an app that allows users to share text posts and view them in a feed—and add components
- Discover how to use Firebase as a serverless back end for a database
- establish a connection between your app and the Firebase database using the AngularFire2 library.
- Using the exercise files
- What you should know
- What is Ionic?
- Install the Ionic CLI
2. Building an App
- What are we building?
- Create an Ionic project
- Set up the Firebase project
- Create the feed page
- Create the post page
- Build a data provider
3. Adding Firebase
- AngularFire 2 integration
- Replace the data provider with AngularFire 2
- What to do when your app loses network connection