In this course, you will :
- Discover what a database is and how it is used.
- Learn the general SQL query syntax.
- Learn how to use different SQL clauses.
- Learn about SQL's built-in functions.
- Discover how to create and delete a database table.
- Discover how to insert, update, and delete data from a database.
- Learn about constraints and how to use them.
- Discover the various types of table joins.
- Get a taste of real-world scenarios using SQL.
1. Introducing SQL and the Database Management System
- What is SQL
- What is a database
- Tables and where they sit in a RDBMS
2. Basic SQL clauses
- Select Clause
- Where Clause
3. More advanced SQL clauses
- And / OR Clauses
4. SQL Constraints
- Not Null / Unique / Primary Key
- Foreign Key
- Auto Increment
- Update Constraints
- Naming / Dropping Constraints
5. Table Joins
- Table Join Basics
- Types of Table Join
- Table Join Example