In this course, you will :
- Learn how to locate reliable GIS data or how to create your own.
- Investigate methods for visualising GIS data on an interactive map.
- Discover how to analyse GIS data to reveal spatial relationships and trends.
- Learn how sharing GIS data and apps can boost their utility in solving real-world problems.
1. The "What" and "Why" of GIS
- What Is GIS?
- Getting Started
2. Creating or Acquiring GIS Data
- Creating or Acquiring GIS Data
- Creating Your Own GIS Data
- Operational Layers
3. Visualizing Spatial Patterns
- Visualizing Spatial Patterns
- A Closer Look at GIS Data
- Visualize Data with Discrete Values
- Visualize Data with Continuous Values
- Enhance Visualization with Other Media
- Decide How to Visualize Your Data
4. Analyzing Spatial Relationships
- Analyzing Spatial Relationships
- Finding Suitable Locations
- Distributing and Accessing Resources
- Developing Spatial Analysis Solutions
5. Sharing Your GIS Solutions
- Sharing Your GIS Solutions
- GIS Is Community
- GIS Is Collaboration
- GIS Is Crowdsourcing