In this course, you will :
- Demonstrates how to use the slab building technique to hand sculpt a hollow ceramic bust.
- Learn the fundamentals of three-dimensional form construction, as well as anatomy, gesture, and expression, to bring your sculpture to life.
- See how clay slabs can be transformed into works of true beauty.
- Learn how to develop expressive facial features and how to break down proportions with generic measurements.
- Discover how to use a combination of diagram references and experimentation to assemble your parts to create a sculpture with personality and a strong gesture.
- teaches you how to attach your components with a joining slip and how to sculpt over the transitions to create a cohesive, flowing composition
1. Before We Begin
- Printing Templates
- Preparing Your Workspace
- Materials and Tools
2. Getting Started
- Forming the Head
- Assembling Parts into Strong Gestures
- Forming the Neck and Upper Torso
- Making Clay Slabs
3. Clarity and Expression
- Preparing for Firing
- Fine Tuning the Surface
- Refining Shapes