In this course, you will learn :
- Understand parenting styles and how they affect a child's development.
- Understanding of developmental theories and child psychology Knowledge of how children form relationships with others
- Have knowledge of children's language, emotions, and cognitive development.
- Determine whether a career in 'child psychology' is right for you!
1. Child Psychology - Applied
- What is 'Child Psychology'?
- The Role of Child Psychologist
- Where do Child Psychologists Work?
2. Child Psychology - Theoretical Approach
- Why do we need to learn theories?
- Developmental Theories: What we are born with
- Developmental Theories: How environment impacts us
3. Environmental & Socio-Cultural Factors in Development
- 'Attachment' factor in newborns
- Socio-Cultural Factors in Child's Development
- Do Children Shape Their Own Development? (Self-Awareness)
4. Family & Schooling Factors in Development
- The Role of Parenting in Child's Development
- Relationship Breakdown in the Family
- Schooling Environment
- Counselling Young Children
5. Cognitive and Emotional Development
- Language & Cognitive Development
- Emotions & Feelings
- Socialising with others