In this course, you will learn:
- Hello, and welcome to the "Introduction to Immunology: Fundamentals" MOOC. This is either a bachelor's or a master's degree programme. It will help you learn immunology vocabulary and key ideas, with a focus on the immune systems of mammals and humans.
- Focus on the molecules and tissues involved in the immune response, as well as their integration into the body, to better understand the structure and function of the immune system.
- Give an understanding of the innate and adaptive defensive systems.
- General overview of the immune system
- Innate Immunity
- Generation of B and T cell directories
- Presentation of antigens
- T cell-mediated responses
- T cell effector responses
- The B cell response
- An integrated view of the immune system