Learn how to articulate your thoughts in a clear and concise manner so that your readers can better understand your ideas. Improve your business writing skills by learning to select and use appropriate formats for your audience, to use the appropriate medium and adjust your writing style accordingly, and to identify and communicate your objective clearly. You'll also learn to identify, correct, and avoid the most common writing blunders, as well as gain valuable experience analysing, writing, and revising a wide range of business documents. Learn how to put good business writing to work for you, from a simple interoffice memo to a twenty-page business proposal.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Create effective business communications, such as bad and good news, persuasive writing, presentations, emails, memos, business reports, and press releases.
- Study how to edit and proofread business documents.
- Learn how to write for a global audience.
1. Introduction to Business Writing
- Word Choice
- Developing and Preparing Documents
2. Spelling, Grammar, Sentence and Paragraphs
- Common Spelling Errors and Word Misuse
- Sentence Structure
3. Document Types and their Considerations
- Letters and Memos
- Executive Summaries
- Business Cases
4. Finalizing Formal Document, Informal Written Communication and Social Media
- Revising, Editing and Proofreading
- Visual Appeal