In this course, you will :
- Begin by becoming acquainted with your tools and materials, beginning with your loom.
- Learn how to select the appropriate weaving equipment based on the design you want to create.
- Cassandra goes over different types of yarns and materials in greater detail, highlighting their natural properties.
- Continue your weaving education by practising basic patterns and techniques.
- Cassandra teaches you more complex weaving techniques such as the twill pattern, shaping with the split technique, and the more modern soumak technique once you've mastered the basics.
- Cassandra walks you through each step of the weaving process.
- Before seeing how to sew your textile accessory together by hand, learn how to carefully remove your piece from your loom.
1. Loom, Tools, and Materials
- Exploring Materials
- Understanding Your Loom
- Choosing Your Weaving Tools and Equipment
2. Basic Patterns and Techniques
- Plain Weave Pattern
- Twill Pattern
- Shaping and Split Technique
- Soumak Technique
- Sketching a Pattern and Technical Notes
- Creating a Mood Board
- Basic Colour Theory
4. Weaving Your Design
- Weaving the Design
- Removing from the Loom
- Sewing the Cushion by Hand
- Washing the Woven Fabric