In this course, you will discover Git and version control systems in general, and obtain real world, value skills that can dramatically increase your career prospects as a software developer.
You will learn how to:
- Setup and install Git for your operating system, with separate videos for Windows, Mac and Linux.
- How to use Git from either the command line/shell, or from software development tools like IntelliJ, Android Studio, and Eclipse.
- How to create and maintain your own Git repositories on your local computer.
- Understand core Git commands like add, push, pull, checkout, clone, and more
- Learn how to create new repositories on Github.
- Obtain the skills to setup GitHub as a remote repository for your local Git repositories.
- Learn how to download and install a valuable free tool that makes it dramatically easy to understand how Git works.
- Understand the core differences between centralised version control systems and distributed version control systems, and why its vital to use the right system.
- And for bonus points, find out the reason why Linus Torvalds, the inventor of Linux actually developed Git in the first place!