In this course, you will :
- Explore the fundamentals of casting into moulds as Phil demonstrates his casting technique.
- He explains why his method is unique and how it allows him to create complex objects in a relatively simple manner. Then, get a general idea of the casting materials required.
- Discover Phil's method for designing and creating mould shapes, as well as how to transform a simple 2D plastic sheet into a complex 3D form.
- Phil walks you through the steps of creating your own mould and preparing it for casting.
- Learn how to make extra mould components from readily available materials, as well as how to make a vase and a light shade from the same mould.
1. The Process and Materials
- Introduction to Casting into Moulds and My Unique Process
- Materials and Tools
- Making Your Own Patterns
2. Mould Making
- Introduction to Making the Moulds
- Preparing Your Pattern for Scoring and Cutting
- Folding and Taping the Mould
- Making the Ends of the Mould
- Finishing the Mould for Casting
- Introduction to the Casting Technique
- Mixing and Pouring the Casting Material
- Removing the Mould and Sanding the Edges
- Sealing the Vase
- Extra Tips and Ideas