In this course, you will :
- Understand the principle behind gas Absorption and Stripping.
- Design & Operate Packed Towers.
- Design & Operate Tray Columns.
- Calculate the required values for a given Separation Process using Absorption/Stripping.
- Solve analytically via Kremser Brown Souders Equation.
- Understand the concept of "operation line" and "equilibrium line".
- Calculate the total required stages via Graphical Method.
- Learn about Absorption Column Equipment (Trays, Packings, Column Internals).
- Calculate & Understand the minimum L/G ratio.
- The HETP method for Packings.
- The MTU, Method of Transfer Units for Packed Towers.
- Model Co-Current and Counter-Current Operations.
- Solve relevant problems involving Gas Absorption and Stripping.