In this course, you will :
- give examples of monogenic and complex disorders
- recognise patterns of Mendelian inheritance of monogenic diseases;
- understand and describe principles and methods of gene mapping
- describe the main steps and principles of genome-wide association studies (GWAS);
- give examples of modern technologies that are currently used to find variants underlying human diseases; - discuss the approaches to finding causative variants underlying complex disorders;
- discuss the possibilities and areas of application of genetic findings.