In this course, you will learn:
- How to set goals, manage your time, and create a budget for your business. Discover how to write proposals and contracts and bring in a partner when the time is right. Explore the tools that will help you save time and energy on everything from scheduling to bookkeeping. Jay also provides techniques to help you improve sales, increase referrals, develop a personal brand, and design compelling content that drives interest in your services.
- The business of freelancing
1. Business Fundamentals
- Goal-setting as a freelancer
- Managing your time as a freelancer
- How to create a budget
- Managing your cash flow
- How should you price your services?
- How to structure a winning proposal
- Why you need contracts
- What to include in a contract
- Finding mentors as a freelancer
- How to productize your services
- Forming partnerships as a freelancer
2. Software Fundamentals
- Essential software tools for freelancers
- What should you use your website for?
- Which website builder is right for you?
- Which email service is right for you?
- Scheduling and managing your calendar
- Basic tools and information for taxes
- Invoicing and getting paid
3. Client Fundamentals
- How to find good clients
- How to say no to a potential client
- Communicating with clients
- How to handle scope creep with a client
- Learning break: Design your life
4. Selling Fundamentals
- Sell offline before selling online
- The fastest way to make more revenue
- What is a sales funnel?
- Managing your sales funnel
- Targeting, messaging, and frequency
- Daily activities for finding clients
- Getting more referrals
- Creating upsells and downsells
5. Marketing Fundamentals
- Developing your personal brand
- How to answer, "What do you do?"
- Which social media platforms to use
- Creating a compelling LinkedIn profile
- Using LinkedIn to market yourself
- How to use testimonials and case studies
- Should you be creating content?
- Creating a content marketing strategy
- How to become a thought leader